CSC 2053: Platform Based Computing
Topics include maps, hash tables, graphs, concurrency / interference / synchronization, internet programming and security.
- Reinforce and expand on the material of CSC 1052, using even more complex examples.
- Establish an understanding of the following data structures, including the specification, implementation, and use of each: maps (with hashing), graphs.
- Establish an understanding of how the internet works and the basic underpinnings of network security.
- Expose students to design/development for alternate platforms, in particular web programming, and the approach needed to teach themselves when confronted with a new environment.
- Expose students to the basic concepts of parallel programming including interference and synchronization.